Activate Your Culture
Culture is sometimes referred to as the invisible glue for any organization and is often overlooked as companies strive for high performance.
Organizational Culture Inventory®
The Organizational Culture Inventory (OCI®) is the world’s most thoroughly researched and widely used culture assessment for measuring organizational culture. The OCI goes beyond corporate culture, company culture, and workplace culture, as the cultural dimensions it measures apply to all types of organizations. (Research and development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D. and J. Clayton Lafferty, Ph.D.)
The product of more than 35 years of research and now using the latest survey technology, the OCI measures the attributes of organizational culture (above and beyond company culture, workplace culture, and corporate culture) most closely related to the behavior and performance of members. It reveals what members collectively believe is expected of them and how those behavioral norms influence their engagement and effectiveness — ultimately providing an unmatched foundation for constructively changing organizational culture. organization to achieve its goals. You’ll experience a subset of questions from the widely respected OCI-Ideal and receive an abbreviated feedback report (complimentary).
The Benefits For Your Organization:
- Apply the OCI in your organization and you’ll provide members at all levels with an understanding of how they’re currently expected to approach their work and interact with one another—and how the existing norms either support or interfere with problem solving and task performance.
- You’ll also empower them to create a vision of the ideal culture in terms of the behaviors that would enable them and the organization to execute strategic initiatives, achieve goals, and attain the mission.
- The OCI provides leaders and members with the data they need and a language for conversations about where they are now, where they want to be, and how they’re going to get there.
The OCI Is Invaluable For:
- signaling and/or validating the need for cultural transformation
- supporting programs to enhance strategy implementation, employee engagement and inclusion, quality and reliability, and/or customer service
- gauging and improving organizational readiness for culture change
- addressing barriers to (and enablers of) agility, adaptability, and innovation
- facilitating mergers, acquisitions, and strategic alliances
- evaluating the impact of change efforts — using the culture assessment again and again to measure progress and identify what’s working and what’s not
ACHIEVABLE is an accredited partner with Human Synergistics for over 12 years and can work with you to build a custom development program for your organization.
How It Works:
Two forms of the OCI are available for culture assessment:
- The OCI-Current measures the current culture of an organization in terms of shared behavioral norms—that is, the behaviors that members believe are required to “fit in” and meet expectations. Members’ responses are combined and profiled on Human Synergistics Circumplex to show the relative strength of Constructive, Passive/Defensive, and Aggressive/Defensive norms within the organization.
- The OCI-Ideal complements the OCI-Current by identifying the optimal or preferred culture for the organization. It assesses the behaviors that leaders and other members believe should be expected to maximize effectiveness and enable the organization to reach its goals. The result is a picture of the ideal culture based on shared values and beliefs — a benchmark against which the current culture can be compared to identify gaps and targets for change.
- Members’ responses to these surveys are aggregated and electronically analyzed to generate a report (or reports) to support your company's organizational culture change initiatives. ACHIEVEBLUE leverages its methodology and the results of the assessment to guide organizational leaders and change team members through the findings and the steps required for successful development and transformation.
The OCI surveys are available online on almost any digital device as well as in hard copy (including self-scoring) format.
To learn more call us 647-292-6782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org